Followers

Friday, February 28, 2014

An area for unbounded learning



Photo by Dawa
Photo by Dawa
I started giving tuition to few students at Dechenchholing starting from 3rd of January, 2014 to 3rd of February, 2014 for the duration of one month. I randomly taught the subjects ranging from English to value education and many more. My tuition was not like others, I focused mostly on teaching the students with friendliness and interactively so that I would be getting the information on what student expects from teachers and with an objective to assist my research paper. Sometimes I organized field trip and went near the river to spent some time and learn the real beauty of nature. I made them write poem and essays on their perspective on natures. We even visited few sacred monasteries like Pangrizampa and other lhakhangs in order to instill the values and realize the precious cultures we have. My teaching included from academics to fun time like dancing and singing. I acted as a friend to my students as most of the students like a teacher who is jollier and mingles with them. They enjoyed my sessions and they even told me to spare Sundays and come to class and study, which indicated a soaring potential with my teaching. The process went on and I saw some improvement in some of the students and I was more encouraged to teach. I feel that my teaching has injected few medicines in the students and I could see students improving their four strands of language (speaking, listening, reading and writing). During one month period of teaching I could practice some of the skills that I have acquired in the college and I could discover some of my own skills to handle children. It really helped me in going with my research module in next semester. Despite teaching I learnt more from my students and it encourages me to teach with my hear and soul together.


2 comments:

  1. I went through your blog, and I'm very happy to read some very interesting posts here. And this post about the tuition is just very nice. Keep doing good things and keep blogging. I would love to read many more from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog and i will keep writing

      Delete