Followers

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Jeopardizing my writing vigor......


                          MY IMPRESSION ON PARO COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
My mother always wanted me to be a very responsible teacher and my father wanted me to be an Army officer. But I had no aim as such like my other friends do. And I never thought I’ll be joining this college at this last moment. It’s not because I had no option that I came here, but because I thought over things so carefully and realized it would be a very good and a secured job for a boy. And so I’m here in this beautiful college…where the hills oversee the beautiful valley of Paro.
                                                                          
It was at about 9:30am on the 20th of March, 2011 that I really entered the college; I mean it was my first time coming here. Some of my friends have already been here, not as a trainee though. I was so new to the place but let me tell you, the campus is just so great! New student teachers started arriving one by one and I was happy to see very new faces because I love meeting with new people. After a while the councillors came to allot rooms for us. I was so touched with their kindness and the sacrifices they did for us, the 1st year batches. They had to shift their rooms to the old block and some even had to share their beds. They let us feel homely. For old hostel each room have a capacity of 2 to 3 boys and for new hostel the room have the capacity of 4 boys. I am so happy to have my previous school mate as my room-mates.

Our hostels are kind of far from our academic block and we have to walk down to our academic block passing our dining room, basketball court, and the senior lecturers quarter. We are divided into five sections of Primary Curriculum A, Primary Curriculum B, Primary Curriculum C, Primary Curriculum D and Primary Curriculum E. The lecturers are so interesting and yes, very encouraging.  Things here are different from our high school, the names especially. In the school we call the monitors by a different name while it’s different here. We call them the captains; here it’s class coordinators, councillors and the chief councillor. We call our educators the teacher and it’s the lecturer here. It’s just so different.  We have to do about 4-5 modules (subjects) a semester and we’ll be starting with new modules the next semester.  Actually we have two semesters a year, namely the spring semester and the autumn semester.  We have assembly only once a week i.e. on Wednesdays for only the 1st year student teachers, the 2nd year student teachers do on Tuesdays and the senior-most do on Mondays. The assembly’s a great one. We do our prayers, and then a kind of meditation that fresh our mind and the director/the assembly coordinator updates us with the important event for the day. The assembly’s for an hour i.e. 8:30-9:30 am.

Well…about the mess, I feel it’s satisfactory and I understand that it couldn’t be better than this because it’s not preparing only for me or just a few students but it’s preparing for the whole borderer. We get meat the alternate days but frankly speaking there’s got to be something special for those who are vegetarians, when they provide meat for the non-vegetarians. Other wise it’s just fine. 

The library here is very interesting. It has a vast number of books which seems very productive and worth entertaining. It’s very different from the school library, where we usually find fiction books. But here we see more of references than novels because we have to do more of research. And it’s a pin drop silence in here…just the real library. 

In short, I would say that I've come to the right place. Whatever happens happen for good and it’s because of our deeds we did in our past life that happens to us in this life. So I guess I did a very good deed that I got an opportunity to come here and prove myself to be a very responsible son, caring brother, loving friend and yes, a very proud citizen or a teacher of the nation. I think, I mean I KNOW I have achieved a part of Gross National Happiness goals.

 THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh !!!! i really appreciate what you have done while you are in Paro College of Education..Keep it up oi......Good Luck for the future work too.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the captivating comment.... i will try to aspire your comment.

    ReplyDelete